Australian Avocado season returns as soon as the warm weather does. That’s all the inspiration I need to crack out some epic avocado recipes.This delicious looking Avocado ‘Hollandaise’ with eggs, ham & spinach” recipe inspired me to tweak it into my ultimate breakfast or brunch tray bake.
Seriously easy, feeds a crowd, fast, fancy and fun.
What’s not to love?
It’s vegetarian too, and by substituting with a tofu egg and a vegan facon the recipe also suits vegans.
So why not grab some friends, ‘ave an avo, and enjoy the warm weather with a BBQ breakfast with a difference?
- 1 x free range egg
- 1 x rasher vegetarian (or vegan) 'bacon'
- 1/2 x ripe tomato
- 3 x leaves English spinach or silverbeet
- 1/2 x Australian Avocado
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Bread - sliced (sourdough is great)
- 1. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Make folds to separate it lengthwise into thirds. Fold the thirds again to create "mini trays" for as many eggs as you need servings (e.g. into 3 squares if you are making the tray bake for 3 people). See image.
- 2. Crack an egg into each square - one egg and one square per person.
- 3. Cut your tomato into wedges and place onto tray.
- 4. Wash, destem, and slice spinach / silverbeet thickly. Place in the large third of baking paper on the tray.
- 5. Slice your vege bacon thickly and place on top of egg. 1 rasher per person.
- 6. Sprinkle the tray contents with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 7. Bung the tray into a hot BBQ.
- 8. Smash your avos and sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 9. Toast some bread.
- 10. Place everything on a table and encourage your guests to tuck in!
This post was sponsored by Australian Avocados
What’s your go to avocado dish? Have your say below – comments make my day!